Home > Article > 10 TIPS TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE IN VANCOUVER
10 TIPS TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE IN VANCOUVER
- Scam calls are common. If the call is from an unknown number don’t pick it up!
- Like any major city in the world, Vancouver does have crime. Be aware of your surroundings when you are on the streets and trust your intuition.
- The weather in Vancouver is very unpredictable. An umbrella is a must no matter where you go. P.s. The weather forecast is not to be trusted!
- Tap water is safe to drink in Vancouver. You can always use the water fountains placed around the campus to get free water!
- The sun sets early during the fall and winter months. On some days during December, the sun sets as early as 4:30 pm! Keep this in mind when planning your timetable.
- Public transportation: Compass cards need to be purchased separately but are still cheaper than using cash or credit. But if you’re under 19, you get it for a cheaper rate! Find out more here.
- Many shops and restaurants in Vancouver are participating vendors of SPC, which stands for Student Price Card. With this card, students can receive discounts. You can go to the Bookstore at Columbia College to get yours.
- Be aware of scam rental ads online. Do not pay for anything until you check the accommodation in person.
- Using the public transit can sometimes be confusing. Make sure to plan ahead of time and leave earlier than you think you need to.
- Check out Daily Hive Vancouver before arriving into the city for more up-to-date blog posts about Vancouver.
We hope these tips are helpful. As always, don’t hesitate to say hi or ask us questions when you’re at the college! Student Services is located on the second floor of the Main Campus in Room 211. We serve both Main Campus and North Campus students and assist you with college life – whether you want to join a club, participate in an event, find a job, or just chat with an academic advisor, we’re here to make sure you find what you need to make your time at the college the best ever.
713 5933 COONEY ROAD 2003 | 1 Beds| 1 Baths $499,900
5 6180 ALDER STREET 2012 | 2 Beds| 3 Baths $839,000
309 2280 WESBROOK MALL 2005 | 1 Beds| 1 Baths $598,000
83 15828 27 AVENUE 2019 | 2 Beds| 3 Baths $585,000
304 4625 GRANGE STREET 1975 | 2 Beds| 2 Baths $688,800
312 2636 E HASTINGS STREET 2009 | 2 Beds| 1 Baths $529,800
1707 5782 BERTON AVENUE 2012 | 2 Beds| 2 Baths $1,130,000
206 5485 BRYDON CRESCENT 2021 | 1 Beds| 1 Baths $359,888